Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Thanx mikebake 4 the horn. Now I've got 6.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Drove down to Lima, Ohio this morning and picked up another one of these:
    9

    Now I've got 6. What the heck am I gonna do w/ six of these things ? ......

    In a 20 by 40 foot garage ?

    Holy moly batman...

    A big thanx to mikebake from the Heritage site. Super nice guy.......lots of neat stuff. Had some new SRX subs and mains, and some brand new in the box Sub1500 woofers.

    So now what ? ........ My wife thinks I'm certifiably insane. The part that bothers her the most, is that she knows I'm not done.

    Wonder if she'll let me bring a pair in the house ?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Would an Altec 817 cabinet work well underneath one of those horns?

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=3729&t=928

    The photo (near the bottom of that post) w/ all 3 cabinets he built side by side is cool.

    Nice work.

    Here's a JBL 4675 from the 1990 catalog:
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...pro/page13.jpg


    I've never had or listened to .....now that I think about it......an Altec 817. Wish I knew someone close by that had one. Visually, it would look awesome underneath a 2360 horn, but how would it compare to the JBL setup ? I could build some JBL clones fairly easy, but to build those Altecs will take a little more thought and effort.

    But it might be worth it.

    Anyone got some empty 817 cabinets they want to get rid of ? Live near Michigan ?

    Just thought I'd ask...........

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 817's loaded with 604 HNLP's. They have better bass than my old 828 with JBL 2245 in the bottom. If you are ever on the left coast call me.

    Jim N
    San Jose, Ca

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Racer, if you ever get the chance, check out Mike's mobile theater experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.